Resistance bands have to be one of my favourite pieces of exercise equipment.
If you are looking to workout at home these are perfect for you. They are super versatile, allow for creativity, and add a different element to your workout. Resistance bands are great for home workouts because they are compact, easy to take on the road, and they can be used at all fitness levels. You can use these bands for your whole body, and by getting creative you can target all muscle groups! I use resistance bands at least once a week, if not more. You can find resistance bands online for a reasonable price. I purchased mine on amazon, I have small ones and large ones. Amazing for those who are not looking to step foot in a gym!
Here’s a full body resistance band workout!
Circuit 1, complete each exercise with no rest in between, complete circuit 3 times (resting 1 minute in between circuits)
- Resistance band bicep curl (biceps) 12-15 reps
- Resistance band overhead tricep extension (triceps) 12-15 reps
- Resistance band forward raise (shoulders) 12-15 reps
- Resistance band seated row (back) 10-12 reps each arm
Circuit 2, complete each exercise with no rest in between, complete circuit 3 times (resting 1 minute in between circuits)
- Resistance band good mornings (hamstrings) 12-15 reps
- Resistance band squats (quads) 10-12 reps each leg
- Resistance band jump squats (quads) 15-20 reps
- Resistance band glute bridge (glutes) 12-15 reps